Monday, September 12, 2011

All beginnings

All beginnings are rough. The beginning of journey is the first step.
For too long my friends have been bugging, nay, encouraging me to blog.
Too tired, not enough time, - I made many excuses.
Even when I was in Yeshivah (Jewish men's learning centre) I was asked why am I not writing about my niche field of Judaism and the Environment. And now I add, and Technology.
So here we have it, the first step in a long journey.
I hope it will be equally enlightening for me as its readers.

Here's a thought to ponder.
As I engage in the Mitzvah of Bar Kayema (ancient Hebrew - having children, modern Hebrew - sustainability) and as I look at our youngest of three, Mordechai Yehudah, as he begins to walk, exploring, mumbling words, I am reminded that taking care of him, receiving and taking care of his special neshamah (soul) that G-d has provided us with (and all our children) to take care of, is an immense responsibility - what kind of world are we continuing to build here? What will the world be like when he is my age or even half my age. Will we still be on fossil fuels as much as we are now ? Is there a choice? Can renewables ever fully replace oil? Is there ehtical oil?
http://www.amazon.ca/gp/reader/0771046413/ref=sib_dp_ptu/187-8239093-8858464#reader-link

No comments:

Post a Comment